Back in 2018 Cloudy fluffy eggs became popular and even today, I still love making them as an alternative to my go to poached eggs on toast. A little naughty with melted cheese on top they do make a wonderful treat for Sunday brunch.
I’m a big fan of eggs, they are healthy and full of B12. I do however only by free-range eggs from a local farm.
Make sure the egg yolk is fully covered by the white, especially if you like a runny yolk.
To make this recipe dairy free, use a dairy free hard cheese to grate.
Gluten-free Cloudy Fluffy Eggs
- 1 Free Range Egg (Large)
- 1 Small Handful of Grated Cheese
- 1 pinch Salt & Pepper
- 1 slice Wholegrain Gluten-free Bread
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c fan. Separate the yolk from the white. Make sure you keep the yolk whole.
- Whisk the whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Lightly toast the bread.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet. Put 3/4 of the white on top of the bread. Make a well and add the yolk full. Now top off with the rest of the white and seal in the yolk.
- Season the egg and sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for 8 minutes or longer. ( 8 minutes should keep the yolk runny)