Imagine a nice summer morning, you are sat in the garden as the sun rises. A glass of fresh juice in hand and your morning coffee. Both accompanied by a delicious bowl of overnight oats.
I’m a big fan of oats and often turn to porridge in the colder months. This recipe works all year round but I do find it best when the fruits are in season. For some reason, you cannot beat British strawberries.
This is obvious but do make sure the porridge oats you buy are Gluten-free. You might also want to remove the pudding from the fridge 30 minutes before eating. This will take the chill off.
Can this be made dairy free/ vegan?
Bet you can, just change the dairy items to your preferred dairy free or vegan product.
Gluten-free overnight summer oats
- 1/2 cup Gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup Milk (I use whole milk)
- 1 handful Blueberries
- 1 handful Strawberries (sliced)
- 1 handful Raspberries
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- Using a Kilner Jar, place the oats at the bottom and cover with the milk. Seal the jar and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, add the yogurt and top off with the fruit.
- Optional, you could add a drizzle of honey.