I have to admit that breakfast is not my favourite meal time. That said, I do love eggs and will often cook this for brunch. I often find I need a coffee before any food is consumed.
With someone who struggles to absorb B12, eggs are a great source and we all know how healthy both salmon and Avocado’s are.
Always use fresh free range eggs. Eggs that are not fresh will split while poaching.
How to poach an egg
- Fill a deep saucepan with boiling water from a kettle to about 5″deep.
- Bring the water to a light simmer over a medium heat.
- Place an egg into a cup, add a pinch of salt to the water and add the egg.
- Simmer for 2 minutes for a runny yolk or 4 for a hard yolk.
- Remove from the pan, and rest on some kitchen towel.
Equipment I use
*Links open in a new window and are affiliated.
Smoked Salmon, Poached eggs and Avocado on toast
- 1 Free range egg
- 1/2 Avocado
- 2 slices smoked salmon
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 slice Gluten-free wholemeal bread
- Bring the water to a boil and poach the egg (instructions to poach further up)
- While the egg poaches, mash 1/2 an avocado and mix in the salt and pepper
- Toast the bread and once done, spoon on the avocado, add the salmon and place the egg on top
- Season the egg if required